Ilfusion Creative is seeking a social media savvy intern with strong writing skills to be completely immersed into the world of Social Media, Public Relations & Copywriting at a heavy hitting marketing and creative agency in the Near Southside Cultural District. The focus of the position is to learn about servicing clients by establishing a targeted social media following, and facilitating regular updates and interaction aimed at entertaining, educating and informing the public about the client’s company in a strategic manner. Through this type of aggressive social media campaigns, we will develop strong and positive consumer awareness and exposure for the brand resulting in increased sales for all businesses, driving more traffic to the website and attracting new customers.
The Social Media Intern is responsible for providing support to the department on the day-to-day execution of corporate social media campaigns. They will learn how to listen to customers and prospects, find influencers, monitor conversations, mentions and trends, and most importantly, engage their public. This industry is constantly evolving so you will be ahead of the curve in learning new technologies, new trends and services and be on the cutting edge by researching and recommending new strategic methods.
Daily duties could include: industry research and content development for posting on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn; frequent site check-ins to respond to fan feedback or questions; assist with developing ideas for campaigns and other ways to drive “likes” to a client’s page, and networking. Also responsible for setting up accounts for new clients; adding content to numerous directory listing service providers; following new pages on Twitter; sending direct messages to new followers on Twitter; assisting in developing campaigns such as contests, polling or surveys, coupons, daily deals; etc.
Copywriting duties include assisting with blog writing, newsletters, press releases, bios, website text, collateral marketing pieces, press kit materials, etc.
This is an unpaid internship. Please do not apply for this opportunity if you require pay.
- Must receive college credit towards their degree (Ilfusion will work closely with the college coordinator to meet their criteria for student’s eligibility).
- Must know about and use these social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- The ideal candidate will be majoring in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Strong background knowledge, ability and passion for working with social media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail required.
- Strong ability to research information and ability to work independently required.