How to Use Google Search Essentials to Boost Your SEO Strategy this 2023
Google constantly makes improvements to its suite of tools and services, and among its latest updates is the rebranding of its Webmaster Guidelines to Google Search Essentials. The rebrand — or refresh as some sources phrase it — brings about new tools and guidelines that are beneficial for website owners, digital marketers, and SEO professionals alike.
What Is Google Search Essentials?
Google Search Essentials is a comprehensive set of tools, services, and guidelines that are essential to helping your website be more visible to Google search and enable you to reach your target audience better.
As a part of the rebranding, Google has released several new tools for website owners and digital marketers to use to ensure their search engine optimization (SEO) strategies are up-to-date. This includes new technical requirements and an updated spam policy, among many others.
New Technical Requirements for Web Pages
Google’s technical requirements for all web pages are quite straightforward:
- Googlebot accessible: This means that the page must be crawlable and indexable by Googlebot.
- HTTP 200 (success) status code is present: This means that the web page works as intended and all assets (e.g., images, videos, etc.) are loaded correctly.
- Indexable content: This means that the page must contain readable text and not be blocked from being indexed.
How to check if your web page meets all technical requirements
Test each of your web pages using Google’s URL Inspection tool. The things that you should give particular attention to are:
- The live test of your URL: This will show you if Google can access and render your web page correctly.
- The URL inspection report: This will show if the page is indexed, when it was last crawled and the HTTP status code of the page.
- The Index coverage report: This will show if all your web page assets are indexed and any potential issues, such as blocked pages, errors or warnings.
Updated Google Search Essentials Spam Policies
Spam policies are essential for keeping your website visible in Google search results. It is now more important than ever to ensure that your website adheres to the updated policies.
Google has a detailed page of their updated spam policy, and they’re more or less consistent with policies in the years past, such as their rules on keyword stuffing, duplicate content, link spam, etc.
However, there are additional rules that could highly lead to demotion of your web page or complete removal:
- Personal information removals or doxxing content removals: This means that any page or content containing personally identifiable information of another user is considered a violation of their policy.
- Fraudulent web pages: This means that any page containing false information or malicious intent is considered a violation.
- Circumvention: This means that any attempt to circumvent the policies or intent of Google’s search engine algorithms is also considered a violation. One example is when a website owner creates another website intended to distribute content and/or behavior that was previously deemed as a violation.
5 Quick Tips for Effectively Using Google Search Essentials for SEO
Overall, it is important to ensure that your SEO strategy and website comply with Google’s technical requirements and spam policies in order to remain visible in the search engine rankings. There are additional measures you can take, however, to further optimize your website for search engine visibility.
1. Write relevant and useful content
This is, by far, the most important part of SEO: providing users with content that is not only relevant to their search queries but also useful. Google has become quite adept at understanding user intent, so it is important to ensure that you are targeting the right keywords and not just keyword stuffing for the sake of optimization.
2. Use a Content Delivery Network
Content delivery networks (CDNs) are great tools to use when optimizing your website for Google Search. CDNs are networks of servers that help to deliver web content, like images and video, faster to users. Using a CDN can reduce the load time of your website and make it more accessible to Googlebot.
3. Leverage structured data
Structured data can help search engine algorithms better understand the content on your web page. This means that when someone searches for a particular keyword, Google can provide more accurate and relevant results.
4. Optimize your profile link
Link building is an important part of SEO, as it helps search engine algorithms understand the relevance of your web page to its query. Make sure you are linking to relevant and high-authority websites that have a good link profile.
5. Take care of technical SEO
This includes taking care of things like page speed, mobile optimization, meta tags, and other technical requirements. Taking care of these will ensure that your website is optimized for Google’s search engine and will help it rank higher in the SERPs.
Get Your Web Page Ready for 2023
As we enter the new year, it is important to ensure that your website follows Google’s updated policies and technical requirements. Above all, having a well-executed SEO strategy will further optimize your efforts.
If you need help with any of your SEO needs for 2023, Ilfusion is here for you. We have a team of professional SEO experts, and we would be happy to help you take your website’s visibility to the next level. Contact us today at 888-420-5115, or send us an email at [email protected] to get started!Tags: Google Search Essentials, Google Webmaster, SEO
Categorized in: Articles