5 Tips To Help Your Video Go Viral
So many people wonder, “What does it take to make my video go viral? What content is required? Something funny? Something shocking? Something controversial?”
The answer to that is, there really is no answer. However, we can give you a few tips to help you get started:
1. Topic- Choosing what your video will be about is one of the most important steps in deciding it’s popularity fate. It’s imperative that people can relate with your video, therefore the topic of your video needs to be something that will captivate and establish a connection with your audience. Humor is one of the best ways to connect with an audience, however it’s tricky because not everyone has the same sense of humor and what some people might think is funny, others may think is dumb or offensive.
2. Length- Keep it short. Three minutes or less would be ideal and no matter what, DO NOT exceed five minutes in length. Most people in today’s world neither have the time or the attention span to watch lengthy videos, so if you want to go viral, better make it a quickie.
3. Quality- Trying to watch a video that’s shaky, fuzzy or lagging is annoying and people will lose interest quickly. The adage “anything that’s worth doing is worth doing right” comes into play nicely here. Your video will have a better chance to be a hit and go viral if it’s produced with quality.
4. YouTube- To have a video go viral, you obviously need to make it accessible to the masses. And of course in this day and age there is no better way of doing this than with YouTube. As the hottest video sharing site on the web, millions of people access YouTube for entertainment as well as information. Videos are also easily shared on Facebook and Twitter by copying and pasting the short links from YouTube, making the web a viral playground.
5. Keywords/SEO- Last but definitely not least, it is important to make sure that you include keywords in the title and description of your video in order to take advantage of Search Engine Optimization. It’s a good idea to incorporate a popular person, place or thing into your video because those are keywords that get searched the most, making it easier for people to come across your video.
So there you have it. While there is no definite way of ensuring that your video will achieve viral infection on the web, these tips can be a promising start.Tags: length of video, video quality, video topic, viral videos, youtube